Saturday, August 27, 2005

A very Hot Day

Well I woke up pretty early this morning but not in time to join the crew that went running at 7 am. I don't think I'm quite ready to run outside yet as it is still a bit too warm for me. The heat really bothers me a lot. It only gets worse as I get older. They say you get used to it. Well I've been here for over 10 years now and I'm still not used to it. As a matter of fact, it bothers me even more.

Anyhow, I headed to the gym at 8:30 and got in a run on the treadmill. I had a very good run and felt pretty good the whole way through. Gonna step it up again Monday. More running, less walking. I'm getting my legs back now and can really feel myself improving a bit.

So I went on my office webpage and see they have posted a Heat Advisory for today. Well I had planned an office get together. We are meeting at The Salt River Recreation area and tubing the Salt River. I'm bringing LOTS of water and definitely lathering on the sunscreen. We'll see how it turns out.

Patty's sister has free passes to the water park so we will be doing that whole thing tomorrow after church.

Our search for a puppy at The Humane Society yesterday was fun. But we didn't find one that fit us. So we're still looking. Patty wants another cockapoo. Anyone else out there know of any cockapoo puppies available?

G'day to all. Stay cool out there today. It's gonna be a scorcher!

1 Comments:

Blogger friend said...

We missed ya - but it was hot. I'll put a pic of soon of the crew that went.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home