Thursday, August 18, 2005

Lord Forgive Me

I had a lot of hard feelings when we left our previous church. We were there for 10 years. We have some wonderful friends that still attend there. I was reading Blue Like Jazz last night before I went to bed. I was convicted of something that I am guilty of. I am guilty of being judgmental of the church I used to attend. Although I disagreed with a lot that happened and was hurt by it all, it was my choice to stay or go. They do preach the Gospel. Father God, I ask for forgiveness in my attitude about what happened. I ask You to restore me and help me to not be judgmental about them.

It was very ironic when Patty and I attended a service at the Vineyard together for the first time. I had already been to a couple of services there by myself. The sermon that was given that morning was titled "Characteristics of an unhealthy Church". Hmmmm! Coincedence? Or a word from the Lord?

Needless to say, we are attending the Vineyard now and have been since Thanksgiving. It is our church family now and is full of great people. One thing I admire the most is that they accept people wherever they are at in their walk with the Lord. They love people and truly have servant's hearts. Thank you Lord for bringing us restoration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home