Sunday, August 14, 2005

Time to step it up

Well a new week starts now. Time to step it up in the jogging department. This week I will run for 5 minutes and walk for 2 and a half minutes for 4 cycles. Probably around 2.5 miles in 30 minutes. I'll run Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat. Then step it up again the following week. After taking a month off from running, I'm learning that you lose a lot of aerobic fitness during that time off. But I needed the break. From what I've read, you really start losing a lot of aerobic fitness after just 2 weeks off. Sounds like a lot of folks from The Vineyard are going to be training for the PF Changs Rock & Roll Half Marathon. This will be fun.

I just got home from work after working a pretty active weather night, especially out west near Blythe and Parker and some Flash Flooding in Southern Gila County. The Metro missed it all again tonight. I was pretty bummed about an event that happened in Blythe though. They had a wind gust to 61 mph at the airport but we did not warn for it. Myself and one of the other guys on duty were absolutely shocked because on the radar it did not look that bad. Oh well, can't win them all.

Patty is meeting me at the vet office tomorrow. Our dog is not doing so well. Patty is taking it pretty hard. I am too. It's just that I feel totally helpless because there is nothing I can do to help her. I'm seriously afraid we are saying goodbye to her. But it will be the right thing to do to end the suffering for her. I would rather not talk about this anymore.

I am currently reading Blue Like Jazz. What a cool book. I've only read the first 2 chapters. My good brother Praying Mantis gave it to Patty and I. Thanks man! It's awesome.

To all that are starting out the training for this half marathon, I wish you all happy trails. I look forward to getting to know some of those that we don't really know all that well yet. But the Vineyard is full of great people so I know it will me an awesome experience to run with some of you. Keep on truckin'.

1 Comments:

Blogger friend said...

Blessings on your family and your dog.

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home