Thursday, August 11, 2005

Gay Bashing

Well here goes a rant. I check my personal email on a regular basis. I still receive emails from some folks at my old church. Today, I get this email from a guy wanting me to sign a petition against Allstate because they are homosexual friendly work place. I used to work with a guy that was homosexual and he was one of our better employees before he retired.

This is another GREAT reason why I left this church. I even replied to the guy stating the reason I would NOT sign this petition. I believe that we as Christians should love everyone just as Christ loves everyone. I may not agree with homosexuality and I do believe that the Bible clearly states that it is wrong. But where in the Bible does it say we are to petition against them? I think many Christians are way too proactive in bashing abortion, bashing homosexuality, etc. While I believe these things are wrong and are clearly sin, why be proactive against them. We can disagree with them in love but still love them correct?

If you were out witnessing to a group of people on the street and found out they were homosexual, what do you think their response to your witness would be if they found out you were petitioning Allsate because they are a "homosexual friendly" work place?

Rant over! Peace out!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with you Kieth. We as Christians can't show Christ's love by shunning everyone who isn't perfect. Our sin matches theirs therefor we have no place to judge them at all. All we can do is show them christ through our own actions and words and I believe Jesus ate with thoes kinds of people. Not shunned them.

12:55 AM  
Blogger xfevv said...

Kieth,

I completly agree with you. I heard Josh McDowell (sp?) one time mention that after interviewing a number of young women who had abortions one common denominator was that they felt it was the abortion clinics that were the only ones reaching out to them during their pregnancy. Even the christians in their lives turned their backs on them for getting pregnanat outside of wedlock. If we spent more time loving people instead of yelling at them we might make more of an impact on their lives.

Obie

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home