Thursday, September 07, 2006

I had a good time at the men's Bible Study this evening over at Ben's house. What an awesome thing to meet with other men and talk and pray with each other and dig into God's word.

Last night I went to the Power Ranch Clubhouse and met some of the Amadeo folks there to see the building and decide how we are going to set it up. It is a nice building and should work out well. But...God has something else in mind. Power Ranch Elementary School which is right next door to the Power Ranch Clubhouse suddenly became available as the church that was using it has moved into a building of their own. This will be available Oct 1st and suits our needs better. So a contract has been signed to rent the place on Sunday's for a year. Isn't God's timing perfect?

Patty is doing much better. Thanks to all who have been praying for us. I went to the doctor with her today. It is more of a situational depression and not a long term thing or a chemical imbalance. Which is great news. Keep praying for her job situation also. God is good and He is working in this situation.

I will be speaking at the men's breakfast on the 23rd. Pray for me. I don't really like standing in front of a group of my peers and speaking publicly. But I do love to share what the Lord has done in my life and how I got to where I am at today. It was only by God's grace and mercy that I am even alive and for that I am thankful.

On the 12th I will be driving down to Tucson to my parents house. My aunt (my dad's sister) has struggled with drugs and alcohol for years. But she has beat the addictions and now counsels others. She will be graduating from a program where she is now certified as an addiction counselor and I am going to her graduation which is in Tucson on the morning of the 13th. I am so proud of her. Her name is Lynn. Pray for her, for God's protection on her and for her to seek His guidance as she counsels others that are struggling with substance abuse.

Amadeo has the kick-off potluck on the 11th and the first official service on the 18th. Pray for the Amadeo folks and Pastor Ben as well as the leadership as we head out to bring the Kingdom to the Southeast Valley. This is going to be an awesome ride. So hang on! This Sunday, our mother church, Vineyard Community of Gilbert, is praying for us and sending us off and after the service a get together will be held for us in the gym. We are so blessed to be a part of the Vineyard community and have their full support.

Be Moved By Love!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So many good things!! I'm so excited to hear about the opening of the elementary school.

Have fun this weekend and I'll definitely keep your parents in my prayers, as well as Patti and Amadeo.

Also, thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

See you Sunday!

8:24 AM  
Blogger Pinay said...

I am so glad to hear about all these good things the Lord's been doing! Praise God! I keep you in my prayers.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home