Friday, October 27, 2006

So God continues to bring people into my life that have addiction problems. I received 2 phone calls today asking for advice about helping someone with drinking problems. One was a good buddy from VCCG who has a guy staying with him at his house right now. In fact, it is the same guy I blogged about not too long ago that him and I went to visit. Anyhow, the good news is that the guy may be open to getting into Teen Challenge. But he will have to do something and start spreading his wings instead of just mooching off of other people. I believe we should help people. But they have to want to help themselves also, and if they don't, then sobriety will not last long. Father God, I pray for this guy, that You would convict him and heal him from this alcoholism that has ruined his life.

Then I received another call from a co-worker who saw me go through what I went through with all of my addiction problems. But she also sees where I am at now and we've talked about it in the past. Well she has a cousin that was going to come stay with her and her husband. He is 27 years old and has been in and out of rehab too many times to count. Well he just rear-ended someone in his car the other day and yes, he had been drinking. So there goes his job, his license and his car. Anyhow, my co-worker just wanted advice and I told her what I would do in that situation. I also told her I would be more than happy to speak with him. So we'll se what happens.

Patty's mom is still fighting. Still not eating or responding to anything. Patty and her sister are doing well despite the inevitable, that their mother is dying. Just pray for them and also pray that their mother will not be in any pain or suffer at all.

Be Moved!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home