Monday, October 23, 2006

So time for an update on personal stuff.

We had a great weekend. Patty and I participated in the makeover of a member of Amadeo's apartment. The person is wheelchair bound and a lot of folks pitched in to get things done. New drywall, painting, total cleaning, some new furniture. You can check out some of the pictures on Amadeo's blog. Amadeo Blog

It was also opening weekend for the ECHL and Patty, myself and her sister Maureen have partial season tickets. So wen attended the games this weekend. The Roadrunners now have an affiliation with the Coyotes this year and they are putting a much better team on the ice. I was quite impressed with what I saw this weekend. I am looking forward to a winning season and they are off to a fantastic start. Which is way more than we can say for the Coyotes this year.

Patty and I have decided to take on the Youth at Amadeo full time. We look forward to working with and alongside them.

My counseling with my friend continues to go well and he has stayed clean and sober and is doing great so far. Please continue to pray for him. I meet with him on a weekly basis and we have been going through the Living Free book together which takes 9 weeks to get through. he has been doing the work and things are looking up for him. Also, he has not missed a day of work since he has been out of detox, which is a great sign. He had been missing a lot of work when he was into his addiction.

We have sponsored a child at the orphanage in Mexico and we will be going down there with Hannah in November. I look forward to meeting him. His name is Jesus.

Amadeo is going great and we will be moving into the Power Ranch Elementary school in December and begin having services on Sunday mornings. To tell you the truth, it has been kind of nice having services on Monday nights though. While it seems kind of strange not going to church on a Sunday, you get to do other things.

I will be attending a training course at the National Weather Service Training Center in Kansas City on Nov 14th-17th. My brother and his family live there so I will get to see them again and that will be nice. I will also get to see my brothers band the Hymnots. They are performing the 13th and I arranged my flight to get in there late that afternoon so I can see them.

Patty's job is going great so far. She is a much happier person now and is in a place where they actually appreciate what she brings to the workplace. Her work ethic is second to none and she was really frustrated at her last job.

Shannon enjoyed her Fall break from school. She dropped her pre-calculus class though because she was failing and did not want it on her transcripts for college. It is not required for graduation but it is required for a University. But she will be attending Community College the first couple of years so she can make it up then. Pray that she can decide what she wants to pursue because right now I don't think she has a clue. Her driving is going great. No tickets or accidents. :-) We have also allowed her to have 1 person in the car with her now. So far she has followed all of our rules and has done great. Things will be fine as long as I don't have to be in the car when she's driving :-)

Patty's mom has taken another turn for the worse. Hospice called on Friday and said she has stopped eating and sleeps all the time now. They also think that she has suffered some sort of a stroke because she doesn't talk well and one side of her face has drooped. But she is being kept comfortable and pain free and that is all we can ask for. we do believe that she has made a decision for Christ and that is the bottom line. Christ will take her home to Paradise and her suffering will be over.

That's all the news from our house to yours. Be Moved by the Love of God!

2 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

Awesome news and updates, with the exception of Patti's mom. I will keep her in my prayers. You have a lot of traveling in November, but it will all be fun and rewarding. I can't believe on the 17th you're going to go from Kansas City to Imuris.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

Actually I'll be back the evening of the 16th. Plus I'm doing my I-10 trip from here to Palm Springs to do the calibrations on the weather equipment Nov 1-3rd. so yes, a lot of traveling in November but that only means more time OUT of the office. :-)

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home