Thursday, December 07, 2006

Yeah, I know, I know. I’m a religious satirist and these kinda scandals are supposed to make my day. Of course, Haggard was a hypocrite for advancing an anti-homosexual agenda while he was leading a double life. But the more I think about it, could he or anyone come out of the closet within the conservative climate of Colorado Springs, home to Focus on the Family, Promise Keepers and some really bad ‘80s style praise music? I kinda doubt it.

This is just an excerpt of a piece written by Becky Garrison that I read on The Ooze today. Check out the rest of it here. What to do about Haggard

3 Comments:

Blogger The Sham Chef said...

Using a metaphor from one of my favorite movies... The Matrix

"There is no closet..."

The Commander

6:49 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

An excellent point commander!

6:53 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

I liked the article. Yet, I care more about how the world sees the "other Christians" reaction to it than how Haggard reacted to it.

Good point Lonnie, that's so true.

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home