Sunday, March 04, 2007

A fantastic weekend

So...I have to brag about my weekend. Started off by meeting at the VCCG parking lot at 8 am Saturday morning to head to Queen Valley for a day of paintballing with the VCCG and Amadeo youth. What a freaking blast man! Now I want to go out and buy my own paintball gun. Those things are cool and they shoot a lot farther than I thought. Now I know why you have to wear helmets when you play. When you get hit with the paintballs, it stings a little bit. I was not really hit from a very close range and it still stung a bit. Kind of like getting hit with a racquetball. A few of the guys were hit from close range and they had some pretty good welts on them. All in all though, I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. I'll enjoy myself even more the next time I play because now I know what to expect and how it's done.

This morning we went to church at Amadeo and the service was just awesome. Ben is still teaching from Galations and today was about giving. Not necessarily of your finances though. More about giving to the poor, the needy, your family, etc. Yes, we should give of our finances too, but that is really not all we should be giving.

After church Patty and I headed out to Westworld in Scottsdale to see the dog show. It was fun. Patty loves dogs and always watches the dog shows on TV. But seeing one in person was better than I thought it would be. The part I enjoyed the most was the agility course that the working dogs did. Entertaining stuff man!

Then for a late dinner we went out to eat with her sister Maureen and my nephew Nicholas. We went to my new favorite place, Flancer's in Old Town Gilbert where you just have to get the Philly Cheesesteak with the works and the green chiles. It is to die for man.

Be moved!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home