Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Don Imus fiasco

I am soooooooooooo sick of hearing about this. Now before I start, let me explain that I in no way agree with what he did or said and I am definitely not an Imus fan or supporter.

He made a very racist remark, and he apologized for it. As I heard him say in the media reports, lets move on now.

What I have a real problem with is Rev. Al Sharpton and Rev. Jesse Jackson. It is sort of reverse racism if you ask me because to them, it's always about race and they always play the race card. I don't hear either one of them apologizing to the Duke Lacrosse players.

But the one that gripes me the most is Snoop Dog. This guy was all over Imus for what he said. Have you ever heard the lyrics to any of Snoop Dogs songs? Well, all I can say is that they're not appropriate to print on my blog. But he says a lot nastier things about black women than Don Imus said.

Nuff said!

My brother Carl sent me an interesting article this morning from The Kansas City Star written by Jason Whitlock. I loved it. Here it is. Imus isn’t the real bad guy

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

I read the linked article. You're right. Interestingly, I was struck by the Snoop comment and wrote a post about it today. I used some words you might not so beware.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

Thanks for stopping by again Dave. I read your post. I'm not too easily offended either. But I do appreciate the beware part.

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home