Thursday, August 02, 2007

Our 20th Anniversary

This upcoming Tuesday, Aug 7th 2007, my beautiful wife Patty and I celebrate 20 years of marriage. Those 20 years were not all good, but she has stuck it out with me through all of the bad too. To be honest, there was a time where it didn't look like we were going to make it. But we did. Our marriage has only grown stronger in the last 7 years. That is because I have been clean and sober for almost that long. (The exact date of my last drink was Sept 28th, 2000)

Patty had good reason to end the marriage. But instead, prayed for me and for whatever reason (I believe it was divine intervention by God) she held out hope that I would remain sober.

All this to say that Patty is my confidant, my lover, my best friend, my partner for life. I love her with all my heart and am so glad that God provided me with such a wonderful wife. I love you Patty. Thanks for being who you are.

We are getting out of town for some couple time tomorrow. It's gonna be a GREAT weekend!

Be MoVeD!

7 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Having read the post, I wanted to say something funny, touching or moving. I'll leave it with, enjoy another twenty or so years.

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! We love you
both very much and we are thankful
God has answered many prayers. Hang in there. It's worth the effort and commitment. It only gets better and better!! We're on number 47 this year.....love Mom

4:43 PM  
Blogger Bryant said...

God bless you guys and happy anniversary! God is good.

6:19 PM  
Blogger The Sham Chef said...

Blessings be upon the both of you!

The Commander

8:17 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Love you guys. Happy Anniversary. :)

7:01 AM  
Blogger tony sheng said...

happy anniversary - that is awesome. blessings to you guys!

8:28 AM  
Blogger ckincaid@xdx.com said...

That's a great blog entry, Keith. Congrats to both of you.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home