Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Bachelor Party

So I went to the Bachelor Party last night at a place in Tempe called The Tilted Kilt. An Irish/Scottish Pub with waitresses that dress pretty skimpy. It was okay I guess. I got there a bit before the groom and two others. They are actually both his sons. This will be his second marriage. His brother did not make it. I was doing okay until they started doing "car bombs". Let me tell you what that is. It is a shot of baileys and a shot of some Irish Whiskey that is dropped (yes the shot glass and all) into a glass of Guiness and then chugged. I'm normally pretty comfortable at places where there is alcohol being served but there is usually something else going on like a concert or sporting event or something like that. These guys were there to get as drunk as possible as fast as possible.

So the bottom line is, I ate, had a couple of diet cokes and then I left. And I'll tell you what, I did not have a headache this morning. :-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

In the Northeast, with domestic beer, and a shot of whisky it's a boilermaker.

My thought, you were less uncomfortable with the booze than with the guys using it to do what they were doing.

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are the man Keith. A total blessing to Jesus, Amadeo, and all of us. Way to be strong. You rock!

8:11 AM  
Blogger Pinay said...

Congratulations!

7:11 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Twenty-thirty years ago, I'd probably have really enjoyed trying to drink like that. Today, I enjoy an occasional beer or two or a mixed drink from time to time, but the thought of drinking now with the sole purpose of just getting drunk, sick, risking life and limb too, hold no appeal at all for me any more and I don't like to be around things like that now either. Guess in some circles I'd be said to be "getting old" but I prefer to think of it that I have finally started to mature! And, so did you, ya know! Congratulations.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home