Friday, October 19, 2007

A few blurbs about what's going on in my life at the moment.

Wednesday I went to the wedding rehearsal and dinner afterwards. The practice went well and the bride is absolutley excited. My good friend Darrel, whom I have known for almost 14 years is getting married on Saturday and I am honored to be a part of his wedding. The dinner was absolutely fabulous and I had two of the best Chile Rellenos I have eaten in a long time.

Thursday I had to go out to one of my coop stations from work and pull out some old equipment. This morning I am a little bit sore from the lifting, carrying and throwing. It sucks getting old. I'm really not in that bad of shape. It's just when you use muscles that you normally don't use, they don't like it.

I took an annual leave day today to use some of my use or lose vacation time before the end of the year. So Patty and I slept in. She had the day off today too and is leaving with a bunch of the ladies from Amadeo this afternoon for a women's retreat up in the Pines in Prescott. I am sure they will have a blast and it will be a great time of fellowship, ministry, worship and prayer together.

Hannah's business proposal was approved so she will now be able to move to Mexico in January where she will be able to work from there, and devote the rest of her time to the orphange and the kids down there. This means that Patty will now take the lead in the monthly trips to the orphanage with my help and assistance where and when I can. This is a huge answer to prayer for all involved.

Tonight I am going to the Phoenix Roadrunner's home opener with my sis-in-law. I have turned her into a hockey fanatic. The Roadrunner's are our local AA hockey team where the guys love the game and it ain't about the money. It is a developmental league and the games are actually affordale to attend without breaking your bank account. Tonight we are sitting at center ice, 11 rows from the ice behind the penalty boxes. I am looking forward to a great time and lots of fisticuffs :-)

Tomorrow is the wedding at 11 am with the reception immediately afterwards. Then in the evening, a huge PPV mixed martial arts event, "Hostile Territory" UFC event.

Sunday is Patty and I's turn to teach the 3 and 4 year olds at Amadeo, but Patty will be with the ladies up in Prescott, so one of the youth girls, Meredith B. has stepped up to the plate and will help me Sunday morning.

Thursday Oct 25th brings another ear blasting concert to town with one of my favorite bands, Chevelle. This trio hails from Chicago and I have followed them from their beginning. They get better everytime I see them and Thursday night will be no different I am sure. Again, it will be at one of my favorite venues, the sweaty confines of The Marquee Theater in Tempe, where the shows are always up close and intimate.

Mid November brings another trip to the orphanage that I get to go on along with a friend from work and her husband. She always enjoyed my stories about the kids at the orphanage and they have stepped up and sponsored some siblings there.

October 27th I look forward to lunch with Robert where he will be talking to me about a class coming up about teaching. I had brought it up to him in the past and God has been speaking to him about it. I always enjoy the youth and am more of a mentor and relationship type person. My weakness is in the teaching area. So I am looking forward to where this might be taking me in the near future.

Be well, be nice to everyone, and be MoVeD!

2 Comments:

Blogger Bryant said...

It sounds like you have alot going on! It all sounds good man, and that teaching/preaching class too.
Paul was telling me about that one, I'm going to take it as well.

Blessings bro!

3:43 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Man, you just made me really tired -reading all those activities! WOW. Quite an impressive list of "to do" things going on for you and for Patty, too. I can really appreciate your comment about aging and the sore muscles too. My joints ache whenever the weather has little changes - mostly the humidity factors - and the past couple of days, my back and legs have been aching almost constantly.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home