Monday, February 11, 2008

A Very Relaxing Weekend

Patty and I headed up to our favorite quick romantic getaway up in Payson on Saturday morning. It was just so peaceful and relaxing and it was great to spend some quality time alone together. The drive up was beautiful. We brought a couple of DVD's we rented and let me tell you, one of them was awesome. If you haven't seen "3:10 to Yuma" yet, you don't know what you're missing. It was a great movie. Go out and rent it. I highly recommend it.

Next door to the Majestic Mountain Inn where we stayed is a restaraunt called Fargo's. We had a very nice relaxing dinner there. I had the Prime Rib and Patty had the Salmon. It was awesome. We slept in late Sunday morning and made the checkout time of 11 am. I forgot to mention that there was snow on the ground, mainly in the sheltered areas. The sidewalk right outside our room was sheltered. The snow that had been on the roof and in the shade of the building was melting and dripping off onto the sidewalk was kinda neat looking, until I stepped out to unload the car and almost fell on my ass because it had turned to ice. Now I know why I live in the desert.

We loaded up the car and headed back down the mountain to Phoenix. We ate sushi at the Pacific Seafood Buffet before heading home.

Thank God for times of rest and relaxation.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Had to chuckle over your telling about the slip-slide on the ice! Glad you had a good get-away though and that you're now back, feeling much refreshed and revitalized from it all too no doubt.

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home