Monday, March 10, 2008

A great trip South of the Border

We had a very nice trip this weekend to the orphanage. For me, it was a lot more relaxing than other trips due to the fact that it was just 4 of us, all adults, that went down.

The highlight for me was seeing the reunion between Patty and Dulce. You see, Dulce had run away about a couple of months ago and then was placed in the orphanage in Hermosillio which is more like a Mexican version of juvenile detention. She was coerced by some of the other older girls to run away. I had received an email from Hannah last week on Tuesday. She told me that Dulce was back and not to tell Patty as we wanted it to be a surprise. Patty and Dulce have a very special bond. It was so hard for me not to tell Patty about it, but I was able to keep my mouth shut and not tell anybody.

We got to Hannah's place about 10:30 pm Friday night. We chatted for a bit and then we all went to bed as we had to get up early the next morning for the boy's soccer game. We all got up and drove to the orphanage and the gate was locked. All of the kids came up and greeted us. We had to get Patty's attention away from the gate for Patty's surprise and Hannah did a great job of it. We got Dulce to the fence and Patty turned around and the reunion between them was tearful and BEAUTIFUL! They hugged and embraced through the fence and just cried and held each other for a good ten minutes. Patty told her never to do that again. We were going to attempt to locate her and visit her but now we do not have to do that. The gate was finally opened and we all went to the soccer game. I will announce a special surprise about Dulce in the near future but Patty and I first have to do some research and find a good mexican attorney.

I had a great time with Guadalupe this trip too. He had received a visit from his family since our previous visit and Hannah said it was a very nice visit with his mother, stepfather and siblings. He was beaten by his father or stepfather, I'm not sure which one yet but I will find out. That was why he was placed in the orphanage. Hannah said that his mother told her that he may be able to go back home in June. This too I will need to find out from the director of the orphanage.

Jen went down with us on this trip and the boys she sponsored had been placed back at home with their family. I think it was hard on her but at the same time, it is probably best for them to be with their family if it is deemed a safe environment for them. We are facing the same situation with Guadalupe.

Anthony was along on this trip with us too and Freddy was excited to spend all of his time with him. Freddy was upset and emotional because his best friend had left. So it was great that Anthony was there to hang out with him this weekend because Freddy adores Anthony.

I had a little mishap with the Ford Escape while we were there. Hannahs house has a gate that you have to open to enter her property. Well I was backing out when we were getting ready to leave. Patty opened the gate for me as I was backing out. She was holding the gate on the passenger side and I was using the passenger side mirror to check my clearance. I knew I had plenty of room on the drivers side. While I was rolling backwards and backing out slowly the drivers side gate was caught by the wind and slammed into the left front quarter panel, while I was moving. DAMMIT! It put a nice dent and scrape into the driver side quarter panel. Not frame damage or anything and nothing that will affect the operation or driving mechanisms. But it still pissed me off. Live and learn!

Hannah is doing okay. She had a very bad cough though. I told her to take care of herself. Pray for her in some decisions she needs to make and that God's will be done in each and every situation.

Peace!

1 Comments:

Blogger *ShAnNoN* said...

what gonna happen with dulce?

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home