Thursday, March 06, 2008

Why the differences?

Fundamentalist, Traditionalist, Reformed, Emerging, Post-Modern, etc etc.

Why all the diffferences? Why all the arguing? I just don't get it. Why is it so hard for some to understand?

In my mind it boils down to the greatest commandment of all, love God with all your heart. The second greatest commandment is like it, love your neighbor as yourself.

What is so hard to understand about that? People try and get into their "doctrine" or "theology". They try to make it more difficult than it really should be.

Maybe you don't believe in God. But try loving your neighbor as yourself. If everyone did this the world would be a much better place and God would be smiling whether you believe in Him or not.

Just my thoughts. But it is not that difficult to understand. We need to think about that.

Peace!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on Keith,

I might throw in my two cents as well.... "and when you feel like you're at the end of your rope after you've tried really loving others and have found that you come up short and can't really do it on your own (or if you're at the end of your rope for any other reason for that matter)....there's a Loving, Good and Gracious God waiting to redeem your life, embrace you in all of your pain and mess, and fill you with his own love and grace so that you can learn how to spill it out onto other people!"

whoa, where's the microphone...I'm on a roll here!

ha ha in God's super love,

T

10:57 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

I've been reading more and more about your "brand" of Christianity. You're on to a growing thing.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Pinay said...

Honestly, I really don't know what is the "difference" or divide between denominations... it's a surprise to have many of them.

I grew up in a Christian community and I believe that the bottom line is to receive Jesus Christ as Lord and personal Savior in one's life. Everything else follows...

Once I asked my brother (who is a Pastor), what is the difference among denominations and he said 'sometimes, it's best that i don't know.'

6:38 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

You're right Pinay. But sadly that's the way it is here in the states.

Sometimes I think that what it really boils down to is "too much man and not enough God".

6:48 PM  
Blogger Pinay said...

That's exactly what my adviser and friend, Bro. Mark, is telling us in the team and preaching to the pastoral council:

Should be, " Less of man and more of God"

By the way, I'm scheduled for an interview at the US Embassy on March 18... i would be requesting some back up prayers...thanks!

7:09 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

Lord bless Len with your grace and presence and let Your will be done in this interview. Give her a peace that will let her know that You are right there beside her, guiding each word and question.

Prayers coming your way Len. Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Maybe this time Patty and I will get to meet you and your team. That would be really cool.

Peace!

7:14 PM  
Blogger Pinay said...

If the Lord wills, I think that would be great, too. Bro. Mark said we'll probably be moving to different States this time. We'll have a smaller group though, only three of us youth and our advisers.

God bless! Thanks for the prayer.

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home