Sunday, March 30, 2008

I just got out of the shower after unpacking the car and doing a few loads of laundry. I left a bit earlier than the rest of the group due to the fact that I had some stuff to do. I work tomorrow and then fly out to Reno NV Tuesday morning.

Anyhow, I was catching up on my email and checking some blogs and I came across this little snippet from Jonathan Falwell. commenting on a speech Obama made in North Carolina.


Was Jesus a liar?

Posted: March 29, 20081:00 am Eastern© 2008

There are a lot of Jewish people who are just as moral, or even more moral than I am. There are a lot of Muslims who are decent, good, kind people. I don't think they are any less children of God.
– Presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, during a speech this week in Greensboro, N.C.

I find the first part of Sen. Obama's recent statement to be quite reasonable. In fact, I don't believe that Christians have cornered the market on decency. (If you don't believe me, try reading some of my e-mails or taking a few of my phone calls!)

The problem I have with Obama's statement is that he was implying that these qualities – goodness and decency and kindness – make us children of God and serve as a means to heaven.

link

My comments:
I believe that we are ALL children of God.

I see no mention of a "means to heaven" in the little quote from Obama.

Therefore...Falwell is putting words in Obama's mouth.

Peace!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Reading the first part, I was ready to fire off a comment attacking him, you did it much more nicely than I would have.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home