Thursday, October 16, 2008

Help, Comfort and Companionship

As I was reading the devotion from Jesus Calling this morning, October 16th, it was exactly what I needed to hear. God's cool like that ya know? I'll share it with you...

Look to Me continually for help, comfort, and companionship. Because I am always by your side, the briefest glance can connect you with Me. When you look to Me for help, it flows freely from My Presence. This recognition of your need for Me, in small matters as well as in large ones, keeps you spiritually alive.

When you need comfort, I love to enfold you in My arms. I enable you not only to feel comforted but also to be a channel through whom I comfort others. Thus you are doubly blessed, because a living channel absorbs some of whatever flows through it.

My constant Companionship is the piece de resistance: the summit of salvation blessings. No matter what losses you experience in your life, no one can take away this glorious gift.

Sarah Young
Jesus Calling - Enjoying Peace in His Presence

Psalm 34:5 (The Message)

5 Look at him; give him your warmest smile. Never hide your feelings from him.

Psalm 105:4 (The Message)

Keep your eyes open for God, watch for his works;
be alert for signs of his presence.

2 Corinthians 1:3-5 (The Message)

The Rescue

3-5All praise to the God and Father of our Master, Jesus the Messiah! Father of all mercy! God of all healing counsel! He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us. We have plenty of hard times that come from following the Messiah, but no more so than the good times of his healing comfort—we get a full measure of that, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home