Thursday, December 04, 2008

The good before the bad

I need to share something really cool that happened to me yesterday while I was moving the equipment from one location to another up in Globe. For those not familiar with Arizona, Globe is at a much higher elevation than Phoenix and is about 80 miles away. I want to share this before I start my post about some of the hurt we have been going through recently.

I arrived at the new location in Globe about 9 am and met the lady that will be doing the reports for us. I needed to look at the property and decide where I was going to plant the equipment. While speaking with her she was telling me that she works 2 jobs 6 days a week and only has Wednesdays off. She works in an office two days a week and bartends 6 nights a week. I told her that was interesting in that she was a bartender and I had not had a drink in 8 years. She smiled really big and told me that she was a recovered meth addict and has been sober for 11 years. So I asked her if I could give her a hug and she said sure. We had something in common and instantly bonded. While I was installing the equipment we just chatted away about our lives and our recovery. She lives alone and has absolutely no debt. Just pays her rent and utilities. She has some kids and even a grandkid and is just doing wonderful in staying sober and enjoying life.

After I met her, I had to drive to the home I was pulling the equipment from and pull it out and put it in my truck. This couple is wonderful. They are both Christians and he is in a wheelchair with either MS or MD. Very nice couple, but I think she was giving up the job because of her taking care of him. Anyhow, I was able to share my experience with meeting the new observer (we call them cooperative weather observers) because the current observer knew about my sobriety. She told me something that really made my day. They are an older couple and she just told me that every time she sees me that she just sees God all over my face. Whatever that means. But I think I know what she meant and it was just a HUGE compliment.

Anyhow, I had to share that.

Peace!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kent said...

that is pretty cool Keith

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Let your Light so shine so that all men can see your good works and glorify the Lord in you (or all over your face).

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, that's me up there:-)

Debo Blue

6:06 PM  
Blogger The Sham Chef said...

Brother,

I'm glad to hear that your relo went well... as I get older, the more I realize that things happen for a reason and we meet people according to a perfect plan.

I feel like I have seen your heart and it brings me great joy in what I have seen... the Lord is pleased with you!!

The Commander

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home