Saturday, December 20, 2008

Week 1 almost over

So my first official week of training ends tomorrow with a 4 mile run. Only 11 more weeks to go. It's been fairly easy so far, but that is only because I have been running and going to the gym on a pretty consistent basis for awhile now. But the distances will progress upward, and I have not really run a distance greater than 3 miles at one time in quite awhile.

So tomorrow looks like this...

If we get up early enough, we'll head to the early service at VCC. We teach the 2's and 3's during the second service. After church we'll probably grab a bite to eat somewhere and in the late afternoon I'll do my 4 miler outside. The cool thing is, if you run completely around Islands Drive which is a loop, it is almost exactly 4 miles. When the distances start getting greater, I'm going to run on some of the trails they have around here that run along the canals.

Hmmm...I just looked at the training for week 2 and it is exactly week 1 repeated.

Mon...strength and stretching
Tue...3 mile run
Wed...2 mile run
Thu...3 mile run and strength (yes folks...I will be running on Christmas Day)
Fri...rest
Sat...30 minutes cross training
Sun...4 mile run

I work days Mon and Tue then I don't go back to work again until Sun Jan 4th at 1 pm.

Peace!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

I can feel my legs starting to ache and my body getting really tired just reading your strength building regimen! LOL
Good luck with that game plan Keith. I'm betting if you stick with that plan you will be in tip-top shape in no time at all.

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home