Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Happy Freakin' New Year

I recently noticed our heat pump making a loud noise. Well we are the original owners of the house and it is 15 years old and was only a 10 SEER rated system. There are much more efficient systems out there now.

Well the noise got very loud to the point where it was disturbing to us and our neighbors. I just had the thing checked last Spring. I'm not too happy because I think they should have found something wrong then. Anyhow, there was tons of stuff wrong. Bad boards that cost upwards of $400 each, a fan motor that was on its last laps, bad capacitors, bad compressor, etc etc etc...

You get the drift right? By the time the cost of repairing my old system was presented to me I had a major decision to make. Even with all of the repairs they still could not tell me how long it would last, especially through the brutal summer heat we experience here in the desert.

So Monday morning I am having a brand new system installed in my home to the tune of about $6500. This one will have a 15 SEER rating. I don't really know the meaning of the SEER in order to explain it, but I do know the higher the number, the more efficient the system.

I'm not happy about having to buy a new one, but I'm sure I'll appreciate it this summer.

Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home