Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Fun in the Sun

So we flew to Cabo San Lucas on a direct flight from Phoenix that was a short two hour flight. We arrived at the airport about 1:45 pm and had to catch a cab to the resort. This was an ordeal in itself. We were immediately bombarded with offers for a ride if we signed up for stuff.

We finally got to the resort and it was absolutely beautiful. The weather was perfect while we were there.

A few highlights was the food. Absolutely awesome. We did some shopping in town also. This was a part of Mexico that we were not familiar with. The orphanage is in Sonora and the people there are not well off. I would call them very poor actually. Cabo was very Ameicanized and touristy.

The beaches in Cabo were very clean and the water was just right. In the low 70's I would guess. When you would leave the resorts and walk past the roped off areas you were bombarded by the merchants selling their goods. I was very shocked by the offers of illegal drugs that were rampant. They would have jewelry in these little display cases and would whisper to me "would you like to buy some blow or some weed?" And they weren't lying either. They would open the palm of their hand and you could see the small individual baggies of white powder or marijuana. I wasn't really shocked I guess, because it was a very party like atmosphere. I was just shocked by how upfront they were about it.

Valentines Day we took a dinner cruise and had dinner and got to see the beautiful sunset on the Pacific Ocean. I was amazed at how fast the sun disappeared as it sunk below the horizon.

The trip was very relaxing and it was awesome to spend an entire week with my sweetie. Probably one of the best vacations we have had in a long time.

Peace!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

This, along with the pictures you posted early, really firms it up how much you two really had a wonderful and very relaxing -well-deserved too -vacation!

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww! What a great post!

I am surprised by all that drug pushing though. I've never heard anyone comment on that part of their trip to Cabo.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home