Sunday, March 01, 2009

Our Weekend

So Patty and I had a nice visit with my folks and my grandma Friday evening. We stayed the night at my folks house and then took off for the orphanage the next morning. We both have not been feeling very well. I can't really speak for Patty but for me it has been a roller coaster kind of experience. I felt really bad last week, then started to feel a bit better, and yesterday towards the end of the day at the orphanage I was just totally beat. Can't breathe through my nose, my chest is congested and just that typical all over body ache feeling. Patty felt worse Friday night into Saturday morning than she does today.

Needless to say, we did not go to church this morning. I seriously don't think I could have anyhow. I am doing absolutely nothing today and Patty feels like she can go grocery shopping she said. Patty told me that I should just sit up and not lay down and that should help the head congestion. I am hoping that I will be able to make it to work next week.

It was such a blessing seeing the kids at the orphanage again. I smile every time we arrive there and they all just flock to Patty. They flock to me too, but Patty gets more of the attention because it really was her that got me interested in the ministry. One of the boys that we really liked there, one of the older boys was no longer there and that saddened me in a selfish way. I was sad that we couldn't see him but glad that he was able to go back home.

We brought tons of food down for the kitchen and it was funny because the car looked like a lowrider with the trunk all low to the ground.

Coming back home yesterday, we came upon a checkpoint on the highway that had the Mexican Federales at it. We are always a little nervous approaching these as you never know if it's the actual police or the drug cartels. They are really having major problems in the border towns with the drug cartels.

The huge plus for us yesterday? Less than a 30 minute wait at the border.

Pray that I get over whatever this is that I have and can start to feel normal. I bought some cheap antibiotics at the pharmacy in Mexico, but if what I have is viral, it will just have to run its course.

Peace!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Kendra D said...

Veryy nice blog you have here

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home