Thursday, March 16, 2006

Stepping out of our comfort zones

I am stepping out of my comfort zone. I am going to help plant a church. I am praying that the Lord will use me wherever He wants to use me. There will be challenges, there will be work to be done. I am praying for Ben and his family as the Lord directs him in leading this church. I am praying for Robert and his family, the Wallings, Ian and his family, Ben's parents, and Al and his family, and anyone else who is going on this journey.

I pray that we can reach people that are messy. That we will welcome them with open arms. The same way Jesus would. There are so many people that are turned off by the church because people don't believe in their lifestyle and judge them. How will they ever turn to Jesus unless they see His love and compassion in us?

If you would have asked me a few years ago if I would have been interested in helping to plant a church I would have told you that you were crazy. Nobody even asked me to go. It was the tugging of the Holy Spirit on my heart that told me to go. I cannot ignore that.

Lord, use me, use Ben, use Robert, use all of us. Use our families to minister to the hurting, the poor, the rejected, the sick, the depressed, the addicts, the entire community we will be serving in. Protect all of us from attacks of the enemy as we go out to get this started. I also ask that you raise up others to take over in areas at VCC that will be vacated so that Your work can continue there also.

I thank You for the healing that you have given me this past year. The heart for ministry you have given me and the people You have placed in my life, the new friends and mentors. Keep my heart, our hearts open to your calling. May we bring Your Kingdom to the people and do Your stuff.

Amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home