Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I'm done for now

It is very difficult for me to do this but I have had to make this decision. The last I spoke about my friend was just the other day when he was served a protection order and told not to contact his girlfriend by phone or in person and to not come back to her house until the order is lifted. Which would happen when he gets help with his drinking problem and stays sober. The police officers took him to a place to get help and my friend walked in through the front door and right out the backdoor. I guess he slept on the streets that night and called his girlfriend in the morning.

You probably know what's coming next and you are more than likely correct. She went and picked him up. This is such a dysfunctional situation and she is in her "rescue, codependent and enabling" mode now. I had to inform them that I am stepping away from this situation entirely and will continue to pray for healing for both him and her. I will speak with them again and help any way I can only when he is not drinking and has been in a program and been sober for 60 days.

Please pray for them when the Spirit leads. I hope and pray that I will be talking to them in the near future.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Sham Chef said...

I can't even imagine how hard this must be for you. I know that you have been laboring in love for this guy. Even so, I agree with you that there is a time when you have to step back and wait for the Lord to speak and it looks like this is that time. I will continue to keep him in my prayers and you as well.

The Commander

3:58 PM  
Blogger Pinay said...

I agree. But I do believe that it's a time for you to step back a little. The Lord may be leading you to another action so let's wait for his hand. I still admire your love and concern for the couple. God bless you. I pray that you'll always be encouraged.

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home