Friday, May 19, 2006

A Mother's Day Lunch

For the past few years, my sober years anyhow, I have taken my mom out to lunch for a special date with just the two of us. I am blessed in that I am an adult and my parents live fairly close to us. They live in Tucson only about an hour and a half from where we live. It is a very special time for us and we get to bond as a mother and son. She looks forward to it every uear as do I.

We went out to this French place yesterday and the food was to die for. I had a Spinach and Cheese Souffle. Sounds kind of dainty, but it was delicious! Anyhow, I had a very special time with my mom and I look forward to it every year and I know that she does too.

I also got to head out to lunch with my dad the day before and enjoyed that also. He took me to a sushi place in Tucson and it was great. We also got to catch up on stuff and had good fellowship and conversation.

I wasn't always the best son towards my folks but they raised me well and prayed for me regardless of what I was doing with my life. It paid off, because God answers prayer and He answered theirs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home