Friday, May 19, 2006

This is just what I "think" happened in Brownsville, not what happened. I say this because I went through a similar experience only on a smaller scale.

I attended a church for years and I remember revival breaking out one time for an extended period of time. There were signs and wonders going on and there definitely was a powerful move of thr Holy Spirit. I think it went to the church leadership's head. This is what i think happened in Brownsville. Church politics, greedy leadership, power trips, spiritual abuse and probably a lot of dictatorship too. This in turn probably stopped the revival and people saw through what the leadership was doing, leadership became devisive and Brownsville is now in trouble.

It is sad that it had to happen, but it did and it is sad. Let's just love people, show them the love of Christ in us, train them up and equip them and then they will go out and do the same. This is what it's all about and is what I desire in a church family.

1 Comments:

Blogger Keith said...

Yes brother, we are all scum. I think I would like that church in Denver called Scum of the Earth. We are ALL sinners saved by grace. It really is a shame when the church gets into political crap and power trips.

I am really really glad to hear that the Lord is working in hearts there. I pray that healing will take place and I will continue to pray for that.

Congrats on your new job man! It sounds really awesome. you've done great for yourself and your family. Keep it up man! I don't like the new ride though...heh heh heh.

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home