Sunday, February 04, 2007

I found this over on Jeremy Del Rio's blog. I agree with Jeremy, one of the most courageous posts you will ever read.

Here is an excerpt from it followed by a link to the entire post. Enjoy!

My hope in writing this is that in some small way, by sharing my story, Christians will begin to engage this issue with a sensitivity that this is a real issue that effects real people very personally. This is true for those who very publicly attack homosexuality as wrong, but lose sight of the fragile and precious people for whom this is a daily reality. It is equally true for those who seek to be cautious about making moralizing judgments or absolute statements, but can add terrible uncertainty for those who are desperate to understand what to believe and what to do.

Homosexuality: A Personal Reflection

4 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

Wow, I can't believe how honest and open he was. This was an awesome blog.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

Carl,

I loved your comment. I too was concerned, until I read his entire post. It brings up an interesting question though after I have read it. Was he born this way? I don't have the answer to that but it is one of the first times I have read about a guy being a Christian, having homosexual feelings and tendencies, but knowing that it is sin and not acting out on them.

Kind of like me. Although drinking is not a sin. I can't drink because of my addictive tendencies, so I choose not to even take a sip of alcohol. Hell, I won't even take Nyquil because it has alcohol in it.

I so agree with you too on the "evangelicals" jumping on the homo bandwagon. Let's throw in the abortion issue too. They're ALL about these two issues while they ignore the other issues you mentioned such as not feeding the poor, housing the homeless etc etc.

I don't claim to have all the answers, because I know I don't have them. But I do believe that Jesus loves the homosexuals just as much as He loves you and I and probably weeps when He sees the church bashing them all the time.

Now..........go get that tattoo you wimp! Be blessed bro'

Your big brother,
Keith

4:06 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

Wow! Some excellent insight little bro'. I know why you're in the medical field now, you're smarter than me. :-)

Anyhow, thanks for all the info you provided in your comments. I thought it was all very interesting.

I thought the comment you made about the absent or abusive father and the overprotective mother right on. I have observed exactly what you have in the gay people I have known and it makes sense.

I'm heading out to a hockey game this evening, then off to Blythe in the morning.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Not gonna lie, thats pretty awesome. I really miss talking to you and Patty about these kind of things. I'm praying for your family.

Allyson

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home