Sunday, February 04, 2007

I had a very interesting thing happen today on my way to work. We had gone to Amadeo for church then home to eat and I had to leave right away because I had to be at work by 1 pm.

I needed gas so I pulled into Desert Rose and filled up then went inside. The guy working the counter was heavily tattooed and also had several piercings. He looked to be around 20 years old or so. I have seen him there before because I go in there all the time. He has always been polite and converses well. I had the black T-shirt on that says "Jesus Loves Me & My Tattoos". He said that he liked my shirt and said he wished he had one. He said he would buy it from me on the spot. He then told me about how his uncle was a Jesus freak and was always ragging on him about his tattoos. I told him that it is what's on the inside that Jesus cares about and I told him that God loved him too. He thought that was awesome. There were some other guys standing around the store that appeared to be friends of his and he called them over and said "Hey, check out this guys shirt". They all came over and we just chatted a bit. The tattooed guy then said to me and I quote "Sir, do you even have any tattoos?" He called me sir! heh heh! I guess I'm getting old but hey, at least the guy respects his elders and like I said, he has always been polite to me when I'm at this convenience store. I then showed him all 3 of my tattoos and explained the story behind each of them.

The first one is 2 nails forming a cross with blood dripping off of them on my upper left arm. I got that one 6 years ago when the Lord healed me from my drug and alcohol addiction. I have a tribal pattern on my upper right arm just because I wanted it and thought it looked cool. I got that one about a year after the first one. The third one is my favorite one. It is a tribal side profile of Jesus and a crown of thorns with blood dripping off of his head. This tattoo is on my left upper chest right around the heart. I then had the opportunity to tell him what that represented to me.

You never know when God will use you to speak into someones life. I made a few new friends today, and guess what? I'm going to go find another shirt just like mine, buy it, and give it to him.

We finally have that 3rd car. We had been looking for awhile and Patty is now driving a brand spanking new 2007 Mazda3. We had been researching them and got a pretty good deal on it. Shannon now has her own vehicle now. The Ford Escape is now hers as an early graduation present. This will certainly make things easier for us as far as everyone getting back and forth to work and school and church etc.

Tomorrow I have the day off, then Tuesday I will get my work truck packed up. Wednesday I will head out to Blythe California to install some weather equipment. I'll get there by lunchtime, start the job, stay overnight and finish the job Thursday and head back home. Evening shift on Friday, then it's FLYLEAF on Saturday night at the Marquee Theater. Whoo Hoo! Can you tell I'm really looking forward to this show? Oh yeah, and tomrrow is also dropin center night at Power Ranch and loving on those kids. Be moved folks!

4 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

Wow, what a cool story. This is exactly why I support people getting tattoos. They are a permanent witness to your belief in God.

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great story! I'm glad you plan to
follow up.

8:54 PM  
Blogger friend said...

I am glad God is using you where you are at and that you are being faithful to love people where they are at....praise God.

1:42 AM  
Blogger The Sham Chef said...

That is awesome! First that God setup the appointment, and second, that you kept it!

The Commander

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home