Friday, April 27, 2007

Bono, discussing the radical nature of God’s grace

“It’s a mind blowing concept that the God who created the universe might be looking for company, a real relationship with people, but the thing that keeps me on my knees is the difference between grace and karma… Grace defies reason and logic. Love interrupts, if you like, the consequences of your actions, which in my case is very good news indeed, because I’ve done a lot of stupid stuff… I’d be in big trouble if karma was going to finally be my judge… It doesn’t excuse my mistakes, but I’m holding out for grace. I’m holding out that Jesus took my sins onto the cross, because I know who I am, and I hope I don’t have to depend on my own religiosity.”

1 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

Wow, that's unbelievably awesome and straight forward. When was that said?

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home