Monday, December 17, 2007

I have just ordered Jim Palmer's new book Wide Open Spaces. It should be here right before Christmas. I look forward to it because I loved his first book Divine Nobodies. i was reading his blog this morning and loved what he had to say in this quote:

"seriously, my desire is to get the message out that there is a real, authentic, and transformational reality with God beyond the pat answers, simplistic formulas, and endless list of do’s and don’ts, which is too often passed off as “Christianity.” contrary to the too-often spoken or implied message of pop-Christianity, there is more to the gospel of Jesus than being good, doing church, and waiting for heaven when you die."

This comes after a fantastic weekend at the orphanage which I will blog a little about later today. I am searching for my own answers about following Jesus. He was definitely there this past weekend. When all of the kids come running up to me while I am there, jumping on me, hugging me, sitting on my lap...it just reminds me of Jesus when all of the little children were around him sitting in His lap. I am not Jesus, but I can love those kids and give them my undivided attention and love just like He did.

Be MoVeD!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home