Monday, December 10, 2007

Rainy, cool and loving it

So the past couple of weekends have been wet and cool. I am actually enjoying it as we do not get rain very often here in the Valley of the Sun. The only gripe I have about it is the drivers here in the Phoenix area. They drive like idiots. But there is nothing I can do about that so I'll quit complaining about it.

Patty came home from work Friday feeling like crap. Remember when I was sick a little over a week or so ago? Well I guess I passed it along to her, only she got it way worse than I did. She has literally been in bed all weekend and is still there today. She called in sick to work this morning. I took her to urgent care Sunday morning and as we were walking down the stairs from our bedroom to the family room she slipped and fell. Luckily I was right behind her and she caught herself and did not hurt herself at all. The doctor said her chest did not sound good so he gave her an x-ray, but that turned out okay. At first he thought she may have pneumonia, but his final diagnosis was the flu. She has a fever, body aches, congestion, nausea and general "I really feel like shit" stuff. She was prescribed Tamiflu, and some cough syrup with codeine. I hope she feels better soon so say a prayer for her today.

Saturday I went to the Amadeo Youth White Elephant Christmas party at the Howard's home. It was wonderful, had great fellowship and I got to see how competitive Angela is. You've got to see it to believe it. Then I went home to watch the Ultimate Fighter Season finale. There were two great fights in the 3 hour show.

I forgot to mention that I picked Ben up on Friday to take him along on one of my work trips. We went to a rain gage out at Ashurst Hayden Dam and he came along. It was fun shooting the bull with him and we went to lunch at a local diner in Florence right near the prison. The food was fantastic.

Going to the orphanage this weekend. Can't wait for this trip. We will be bringing down the Christmas gifts. I always look forward to my visits down there as the kids bless me so much and I hope that I bless them while I am there.

Patty and I will be getting together with Mark and Susan B. sometime before New Years to talk about what we want to do with the Youth Group. We are blessed with some really great kids in this group.

Be well, be blessed and be MoVeD!

4 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

I read this post and then didn't think until I wrote a post of my own about gifts, that while it might not be ice cream season, it's time for something for the kids.

Since you're going down this weekend, I guess I have to use UPS, can you send me your address again? dave@ratherthanworking.com

3:37 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Oh, I'm thinking candy, pumpkin pie with whipped cream? But socks if they need them are ok, just don't tell them they are from me.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

Yo Dave,

I'll email you my address. No need to rush it though. We are going again for an extended visit Dec 28th thru Jan 2nd.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Hope the meds kick in fast for Patti - nothing worse than getting kicked in the stomach, chest and head with the lovely old flu is there?

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home