Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A great weekend coming up

Patty is herself again. I have not seen her as sick as she was in a looong time. She went to work today but I told her to take it easy so she doesn't have a relapse. The flu can really kick your ass sometimes.

We are headed to the orphanage this Friday right after work. I am so looking forward to seeing Guadalupe and the rest of the kids. We are taking presents on this trip too. It is a blessing to me to give to these kids who otherwise would receive nothing.

I am going to give a big kudos to a special person. I hope it does not embarrass him. But Dave over at ratherthanworking asked me for my address so he could send something for the kids. If you remember back in the summer, Dave also sent me a nice check and we were able to bless the kids with ice cream. A real treat for them I might add. I don't know Dave personally, only through his blog. What I can tell you is that he is a very generous guy and is a man of his word. He does what he says he's going to do. I also enjoy his blog and his writing. He's a very intelligent guy so go visit him. Here's to ya Dave! Hope your Christmas is blessed my friend.

I had a very interesting drive into work this morning. I don't ever really look outside when I get up at 5 am. I just go have my coffee and yogurt, then hit the shower and off I go. When I opened the garage door I was pretty shocked. I couldn't even see the houses across the street. Pea Soup Fog! A rarity in The Valley of the Sun. The sky had cleared after all the rain and the winds were nil...a very good meteorological condition for fog to form. It made the commute a little slow, but it was actually kind of nice, if not a bit eerie.

Tonight I am going to enjoy dinner with my "healthy" wife and then sit down and watch the WEC (World Extreme Combat) fights that are on live from Las Vegas this evening. Just like the UFC only they feature the lighter weight guys. Good times man!

Be MoVeD!

5 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

You forgot funny. The check IS in the mail.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

I had another thought after finishing my first funny comment, funny! I insist!

Keith said he didn't want to embarrass me. He hasn't because most, if not all of you know me.

But to embarrass Keith:

I'm not to my mind overly generous. I do give when I think to and can. The kids down south were brought to my attention by Keith. So some ice cream here and some Christmas candy there, I'm not out much and maybe give a little more happiness to some kids that don't have enough of it in their lives.

That's me. Here's Keith:

Other than a strange fascination with non-sports and music that hurts my ears, what does he do with his life? Helps and cares for people. Be they the kids in Mexico, the kids at Amadeo, or the kids he finds while helping the kids at Amadeo, he doesn't just buy some ice cream or candy, he gives himself. There are different kinds of generosity. Keith's is of a special quality.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Second paragraph: "don't know me." Proofread. Proofread.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

I apologize Dave! Yes, he is very funny too, and witty, and sarcastic, and needs to proofread.

Thanks for your comments. If you're ever out our way, you can go down with us. You would be more than welcome.

If I ever need legal advice, I'm going to you. Too bad I didn't know you during my "wild and crazy" days. But then again, I was guilty as hell every time, and I knew it.

Thank God those days are over.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

Oh, I almost forgot. What are these non-sports you speak of?

UFC fighters are very conditioned athletes.

Try playing hockey from September through April...72 games. Then if you make it to the Stanley Cup Finals it goes through June.

Since I've found the UFC...Boxing is for pussies. :-)

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home