Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Finding freedom from the tyranny of other people's opinions is one of the greatest joys of life in Jesus. As long as you live for other people's approval, you are owned by anyone who chooses to lie about you. We are to liberate people from the desire for approval rather than exploit it to get them to "act more Christian." Jesus did not come to train a generation of actors but to transform people to live authentically in the world.

pg. 129 authentic relationships - discover the lost art of "one anothering"

There will be one final post I want to do on this fantastic book. I will post it sometime before Friday before my vacation. While on vacation, I will also be taking a vacation from my blog.

Peace!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

What? A vacation and no blog? The nerve of some people's favorite bloggers to do that! And just when do you plan to return to blogging anyway? Inquiring minds want to know this and much, much more too!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

Yes I know. But I am taking a break from it all. This book was so amazing to me too and what I found in the final chapter was just so inspiring and encouraging to me. Only because I have been through a lot in the past few years that I can relate to the author's perspective.

My break while on vacation, which will be two weeks, will include a break from phone calls, emails, work and ministry.

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home