Thursday, January 08, 2009

I guess I can stop the "official" training now

So today I went to get the link to the website of the half marathon I was going to run in so I could send it to a friend.

The headline on the website said this...Valley of the Sun Half Marathon Postponed until Next Year, Saturday March 6th 2010

See for yourself. Valley of the Sun Half Marathon

So it looks like my "official" training plan is over. I could do the Lost Dutchman in February, but we will be in Cabo San Lucas at that time, plus I would not be physically ready for one that soon.

I'll still be running and going to the gym. But the extra motivation you have when you are training for a specific event is done now. Til next year!

Peace!

3 Comments:

Blogger Debo Blue said...

I was getting all motivated just hearing about all that exercising you were doing. As I sat and stuffed more food in my mouth:-)

12:48 AM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

PS-the cartoon below is too hilarious!

12:48 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

I was following Debo's lead there too. But ya know, now that you've been getting yourself all hepped up over this and doing all the extra training, why stop now? Keep on with it -maybe not quite as much but then, look how fit you will be come next year -or if another race comes your way between now and then, you'll really be ready for it.

2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home