Friday, September 02, 2005

The bad of society

What is wrong with people? I just cannot believe that people would take advantage of a bad situation like some have in New Orleans. The looting and what not going on just "because they can" is unbelievable. I can understand those that need food and water and things to survive. But TV sets? Expensive Jewelery?

Then there are those bad mouthing the government. What has occurred in New Orleans and Mississippi is beyond our comprehension. The devastation that has affected these people is itself beyond our comprehension. I mean think about it. New Orleans is basically destroyed. I'm not even sure they will be able to rebuild it all. I am sure the President and our leaders are doing all they can at this moment. Like I said, the devastation is unlike anything our country has ever experienced before.

Father, I pray for all of those affected by this terrible situation. I pray that they will find peace in You. Father God, I do not know why this had to happen, but I do know that You are in control. I pray that you would comfort those that have suffered losing everything they have. I pray that those that are trying to get into the areas that are unreachable at this time. That you would protect them and keep them safe and would direct them to where they need to go. I pray Father for those that are taking advantage of a bad situation, those that are looting out of greed and not necessity. Send your Holy Spirit on these people as they have nowhere else to turn but to You.

Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home