Thursday, September 08, 2005

Judging Others

James 4:11-12 says

11 Don't speak evil against each other, my dear brothers and sisters. If you criticize each other and condemn each other, then you are criticizing and condemning God's law. But you are not a judge who can decide whether the law is right or wrong. Your job is to obey it. 12 God alone, who made the law, can rightly judge among us. He alone has the power to save or destroy. So what right do you have to condemn your neighbor?

Examine your attitude and actions toward others. Do you build people up or tear them down? When you're ready to criticize someone, remember God's law of love and say something good instead.

I am so guilty of this myself. I'll get upset if someone cuts in front of me at the grocery store and goes to the express lane with 13 items instead of the allowable 10. I'll be more upset with the cashier for allowing it than the person with the 13 items. My gut instinct, my flesh is wanting to stop this and say something that really would not be too nice.

Father forgive me where I fail to show love to others. Help me to be more like You. Even when I do not agree with someone's lifestyle, or the way they talk, or the views that they have, Father please let them see You in me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home