Friday, March 31, 2006

The saga of my drunk friend continues. And it ain't pretty. I spoke with him on the phone before I came to work and he did remember me coming over last night but didn't really remember anything else. Anyhow, I just prayed with him, encouraged him and told him to do something instead of just sitting around doing nothing. Well I just got off the phone with his girlfriend, and he did something alright. He went and bought a fifth of Vodka and drank most of it. He has puked blood, wet himself and the bed, fallen down twice and is currently in a drunken coma and probably will be until tomorrow sometime.

To be honest with you, there is really not much I can do for him at this point except continue to pray for him. I also think the best thing his girlfriend could do is to kick him out of the house onto the street. Sounds kind of harsh, but the reality is, this would probably be the best thing that could happen to him. Because he would then more than likely be picked up by the police for being passed out somewhere in public, and then he would be forced into treatment.

Maybe he doesn't want it enough. To get well I mean. I can tell you that I got so sick and tired of being sick and tired that I just had this desire to get better. And the Lord delivered me on the spot. I asked for deliverance, and He gave it to me. I can only hope and pray that my friend, my new messy friend, can want that change too. Otherwise folks, the reality is, he will die. I can assure you that. And it won't be quick. It will be slow and miserable.

Please continue to pray for him. Continue to pray for me also, as I will still try and contact him on a daily basis. Let him know I'm there for him, to pray for him, be his friend, and to get him help.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Sham Chef said...

True confession time... this is really hard because I believe that prayer is the right thing and becasue I believe that prayer can change the world. But in my flesh, I can't help but to feel like there must be something else that can be done. I mean... why isn't there a number you can call when someone is trying to commit slow suicide. Why isn't there a place that will just "Make Room" for one more that needs help. I am hurting for this man and I don't even know him. I hurting for Keith for having to watch it happen. I am angry that there is nothing that I can do (in my flesh).
Oh God, please step in an intervene, for Your name's sake... for Your glory. I pray that the girlfriend would have an enocounter with the living God and that she would come into a relationship with the creator of all things. I pray that you Lord would reach down from heaven and deliver this man from the grip of the evil one. Answer our prayer and encourage us Lord. Please!

The Commander

PS. Lord, I love you and I trust you. I belive, Lord help my unbelief.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

I can fill you in more when I talk to you personally. he has been down this road a looooong loooong time. he has been in and out of detox at least 10 times that he knows of since Jan 2005. No place will take him unless he wants to go. I tried to get him to go the other day. I'll tell you more on Sunday.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home