Sunday, March 26, 2006

Yesterday Patty and I went to the grocery outreach again for the second time. we had participated in it a couple of months ago. Our church does it the last saturday of every month. we go into a poor neighborhood and distribute bags of groceries, clothes, toys and Bibles to needy families. We also had a guy there that could draw and he drew portraits of people sitting next to Jesus. Not only did he draw them good, but fast too.

I guess Pastor Jack was out of town and ben was supposed to do the talk. Well while we were at the Drop-In center a week and a half ago Ben asked me if I would be willing to talk at the grocery outreach because he had a lot going on that day. So he asked Pastor Jack and Jack gave the okay. I just gave a very brief testimony of what the Lord has done for me and brought me through as far as my drug and alcohol addiction. Then gave a brief gospel message explaining the free gift of salvation through Jesus' death on the cross on our behalf. i also had an interpreter there as the audience was mostly spanish speaking. We then had the opportunity to pray with several people and then we handed out the groceries.

I was approached by a lady right when I was ready to leave. She attends our church but we had not yet met each other. She introduced herself and told me about a neighbor that was struggling with alcoholism. I had the wonderful opportunity today to go speak with this gentleman. I spent about an hour with him. Tomorrow we are going down to a rehabilitation center to try and get him admitted. Please pray for this situation and for him to be allowed into this facility. His health insurance is not that good and he has been denied help in the past. this in my mind has been a divine appointment for me as I just happen to have the day off tomorrow and will be able to go with this gentleman and try and get him the help that he so desperately needs. Please pray.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Sham Chef said...

Isn't it amazing how God, like the great conductor orchestrates every move and has us in just the right place, doing just the right thing at just the right time. Keith, I am so thankful for your willingness to pour yourself out for those around you. I am looking forward to hearing more about how the Lord is going to use you and the wonderful blessing that you will be. The family wouldn’t be the same without you and your family.

The Commander

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless you, son. I will pray
for you and this man as you go to
the rehab center tomorrow.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home