Monday, March 27, 2006

Well I just got back after spending the day at drug and alcohol rehab intake center in downtown Phoenix at 2nd Ave and Van Buren. The bad news is, they had no beds available for my friend at this time. the good news is, he will go in as soon as one opens up and can stay for up to 90 days. The hard part will be to keep him from drinking from now until he can get in.

I was very impressed with the intake counselor at this facility. She was very helpful and informative and had a very caring, loving heart.

This gentleman I first met yesterday. You can read more about that here. http://blindsiderawks.blogspot.com/2006/03/yesterday-patty-and-i-went-to-grocery.html
he also has a history of suicide attempts. one as recently as last week. I plan on trying to see him at least once a day and he lives in the same area as I do.

This is what we need to pray for:
That he will find peace in the Lord through this trial.
That he will refrain from the use of alcohol until he can get into this facility.
That this burden of depression will be lifted from him.
That God will give me the wisdom and the words to say to this new friend of mine.

Thanks for praying!

1 Comments:

Blogger friend said...

Yes Lord.

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home