Saturday, April 01, 2006

Good news, after a pretty rough morning. I did get a good nights sleep last night and was able to get a full 8 hours in. My lovely wife got up with the new puppy this morning and let me catch up on some much needed rest. Thank you sweetie!

Well as I stated last night, my friend was in pretty bad shape. I received a call from his girlfriend this morning around 1045 while I was lounging on the couch. I actually had not even shaved or showered yet and had to be to work by 1 pm. She said he was threatening suicide and was very intoxicated. So I went right over there and calmed him. He was on the phone with some mental health people and I asked him to hand me the phone. I explained who I was and that he needed help now. He could not be alone in the condition he is in. They referred me to either Maricopa County Hospital or St Lukes in Phoenix. I have been in both facilities in the past. I then instructed his girlfriend to immediately drive him to St Lukes and have him admitted to the detox and behavioural health unit. He could not walk very well, let alone stand on his own, but we managed to get him in the back seat of her Suburban. I could not go as I had to get to work which is where I am at now.

I did receive a call from the girlfriend and he is now in St Lukes detox unit. So the praying is working folks. Keep praying. I plan on visiting him sometime either tomorrow or Monday. My guess is, based on the condition he is in that he will need a week to detox. I am going to try and get involved with his treatment counselors at St Lukes to get him into an aftercare program when he is ready to be discharged from the detox unit.

The problem with the aftercare is that it is strictly voluntary. He can walk out at anytime which is what he has done in the past. Pray that he will want to get well and to stay in an aftercare program. I've been in his shoes before and it is an endless cycle. I would go right out of detox, try the aftercare, get thirsty and then go get a bottle to drown my sorrows. So he needs to want to get well, and I will be there to encourage that and to pray for him. I had the priveledge to pray for him and his girlfriend right before we loaded him into the back of the Suburban. Right now he is being cared for well I am sure. It's the aftercare I am concerned about now. I will pray and I ask you all to pray for him and for wisdom for me in trying to get this man some help. Thanks again prayer warriors. You're all awesome and you know who you are.

1 Comments:

Blogger friend said...

God set him free, please Lord come heal him for good and reveal your divine nature to his very being.

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home