Thursday, September 27, 2007

In less than 24 hours it will be 7 years

This concludes my sober is better story. Tomorrow marks my 7 year sobriety birthday. To end this story I want to tell anyone out there that reads this blog that suffers from substance abuse...it is possible to quit. You have to want it, work at it and make yourself accountable to someone. There are many different ways to get help quitting. AA is a good place to start, or get involved in a good church where other folks can hold you accountable. If I can stress one thing about quitting at all, it would be to stop isolating yourself. It was my downfall. You will also find out real fast who your real friends are.

It took almost a full year for my wife Patty to forgive me due to all of the lies she had heard before. But she forgave me, and I will never forget that day she told me.

I get to celebrate tomorrow at the Underoath concert with my daughter and 3 other youth from our church. Underoath is a very hard band that just happen to be Christians. They will be playing in a bar at an all ages show tomorrow night and it is definitely going to be a heavy, hard and sweaty show at The Marquee Theater. Doors open at 6:30 and show starts at 8. Come on down if you're not doing anything and join us will ya?

Happy and sober and being MoVeD!
Keith

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Congratulations Keith! Seven years is awesome. Keep the numbers growing. One of the most special people in my life just did a self-admit this past Tuesday. Needless to say, I'm very proud of this move -as is his Dad and sisters! Here's hoping the program works without any -or at least very few -glitches and/or setbacks. Say a prayer there will ya?

10:08 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Congratulations. This is huge.

10:52 PM  
Blogger tony sheng said...

hey keith
great series of about posts about your story and big congrats on 7 years. that is awesome.
blessings to you and your fam!

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home