Monday, October 22, 2007

Enough

Excerpt from article in the BWC today:

I could share with you my views regarding homosexuality in this little diatribe, as I’m sure those on the left and the right want to know. But that misses the point here, because the point this last weekend isn’t what I think about the ethics of homosexuality. There’s something greater at stake. I’m incensed that ‘in the name of Jesus’ people would pour out hatred, ridiculous accusations, and incite their listeners to persecution and the denial of basic human rights for any people created in God’s image and loved by God. Such a rally is embarrassing, angering, and I for one, feel the need to go on record as declaring that no matter what the sexual ethic, or race, or gender, or religion, or political affiliation of my neighbor, my calling and commitment is to love and bless them in Jesus’ name. Anything less is a different gospel, and not good news at all.

Read the entire article here

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Thanks so much for posting on this topic and including that very well-written piece. Excellent! Thanks to my lovely (NOT) dial-up, it seemed to take forever for the piece to load for me but I'm so glad I hung in there and waited for it to finish. More should read the article and take the message to heart there as well as in your post.

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home