Friday, January 09, 2009

A brief update

So I won't be running the half marathon in March. But that doesn't mean I will stop running or working out. I just won't be following an official training program for the running.

This morning I had to report for jury duty. I was a bit nervous about it because I need to be home on Monday for the Heating and Cooling folks to install my new heat pump. I was afraid that a judge would not take that as a reason to be excused. So I set my alarm for 6:30 am. This meant that I got to sleep in an extra hour and a half because if I had to go to work I would have gotten up at 5 am. I ate breakfast and then shaved and showered and reported to the San Tan Justice Court in Chandler AZ at the required time of 8 am. It was actually very close to my house and I was glad for the fact that I did not have to commute all the way into downtown Phoenix. I checked in and they showed me a map and asked me if I lived within the boundaries of that map. I did not. So the lady at the window told me that I was excused for the day. I wasn't even in there for 20 minutes. The last time I had jury duty it was downtown and I was there from 8 am until 5 pm and never was selected.

So I took my wife out to lunch and ran a few errands.

Monday the heating and cooling folks will be at my place between 7 and 8 am to take out my old unit and install my new one. All to the tune of about $6500. But at least I will be cool during the summer ;-) and it is a much more efficient unit than the 15 year old unit that is now junk.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Get out and enjoy something. Encourage somebody who may not be having a good day. A lot of folks are losing their jobs. Try and be a friend to them and encourage them as difficult as it may be for them to be encouraged. Maybe even give them some financial help if you are in a position to do so.

Peace and Godspeed until next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home