Thursday, January 15, 2009

Busy week

It has been a fairly busy week for me. The AMS (American Meteorology Society) conference is in Phoenix all this week and we have had lots of visitors and VIP's in our office this week. Yesterday was an all hands meeting with the Director of the NWS. He was a very personable guy and I actually enjoyed the meeting, although it was way passed my scheduled work day. I liked what he had to say and the direction he is taking us.

Today I am going out in the field to visit a couple of my sites and tonight Shannon and I have a counseling session. After that I am heading straight to the church to help with the drop-in center. Then I'm on evenings Friday thru Sunday.

Saturday morning is the men's breakfast at church and I'll be going to that. Sunday morning Patty and I teach the toddlers again, which we do once a month.

I am really looking forward to our Cabo trip in February. Just Patty and I for an entire week at a beachside resort.

Peace!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Just a silly question out of pure curiosity -but who is the current director of the NWS?

Do you know if there was a past director with the initials of R.M.? I'd put his name here but don't want to get that explicit.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

Don't know of an R.M. that was the director. Past directors that I know of were J.F and J.K.

Current director is Jack Hayes.

What's with the J's? Anyhow, Jack is a very nice guy and I enjoyed his meeting with us.

BTW...your buddies from Accuweather are here too. Anybody that is into weather is here. And I must say, they are enjoying some Chamber of Commerce weather. It's been in the low to mid 70's all week.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home