Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A frightening phone call

Yesterday was going pretty well for me. I had the day off. I went to the gym for about an hour and a half and then I met with Bryant for an hour or so over some Chicago Style Hot Dogs over at Al's.

My daughter Shannon was not feeling well but she went to work anyhow. She had come down with something after her long weekend in Kansas City. When you are on an airplane, you're pretty much exposed to everyone's germs. So I had suggested to her that she go to Urgent Care and get checked out.

She called me at home right when she got off of work at 5 pm telling me that she was heading straight to Urgent Care and would be home afterwards. So I am sitting at home watching the local news and my phone rings at about 5:15 pm. It is Shannon, she is crying and is hysterical, telling me that she was just in a car accident.

The first thing I ask her is "Are you hurt?". She says she is okay, but she is still crying and not making very much sense. So I asked her where she was at and she told me. It was not too far away so I told her that I would be right there. I called her while I was on my way just to check in with her and she says the police, fire dept, and paramedics were all there. Now I am really beginning to worry a bit at this point. As I did not know anything about the other person's well being.

Well it turned out to be a fairly minor accident. She rear-ended another vehicle while it was slowing down to make a right hand turn. She was in a Ford Escape, he was in a Kia-Spectra. It was a rental car too.

Shannon was ticketed for the accident and I reported it to our insurance company last night. They have stated that they will pay the damages since Shannon was at fault. This will make my rates go up.

But the bottom line is, Shannon is okay.

So how was your day yesterday?

Peace!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Oh yeah, I know all about those kind of events with kids! Been there, done that and still worry all the time about both my older two kids who have been the ones with the accident track records. Just such a relief to know that Shannon was not injured though. But the insurance bit -that's a royal bummer, for sure!

9:08 AM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Thank Goodness she's fine.

And Keith, no matter how high the rates go up remember, it could have been the other way!

9:21 PM  
Blogger Bryant said...

wow man...glad she's alright!

I had a good time too man, let's not wait so long next time. :)

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home