Sunday, July 30, 2006

VLI

I am considering taking the VLI course which is the Vineyard Leadership Institute. It is a 2 year commitment and the purpose of the training is to prepare called and committed Christians to the ministry of the Kingdom of God. The primary focus in the training is for those who want to:

.plant a church
.work as a pastor or ministry director on a church staff
.pursue a secular occupation while ministering as a lay leader in a church, but with the proficiency of a professional pastor

I do feel called to ministry, however I still have to provide for my family financially and I have 25 years of government service this September. I am praying right now that I will be offered an early retirement. But if that is not the case then I would be more than happy to serve in the Lay Ministry for now. I am very excited to see what God has in store for Amadeo as I have prayed over this and believe that Pastor Ben and all of those involved have a vision for bringing the Kingdom of God to the people of the East and Southeast Valley.

I am going to talk with Patty about this and we will be in prayer. I ask that you all join with us in prayer for guidance and wisdom.

Be Moved by God! Be Loved by God! Because you are.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pinay said...

I will pray. It is always awesome to serve the Living God. There's this unexplainable joy within you and a kind of fulfilment that nothing else can compare. I believe that if God calls you to do something, He will certainly lay the path straight for you towards that direction. I'm happy for your commitment to the ministry. You can always serve even if not full time. I pray that you get your confirmation from the Lord soon. God Bless!

8:02 PM  
Blogger friend said...

VLI would be awesome. And mega work.

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God can do great and wonderful things in a life that is yielded to Him. God bless your future!
Love & Prayers, Mom

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home