Saturday, August 18, 2007

A letter to a friend

I talked to your mom today. Your mom and dad had to go to the hospital and see your drunk ass there. Your friends (at least you think they're your friends) abandoned you when someone called 911 after your erratic behavior and incoherence. It seems you consumed enough alcohol to warrant a hospital visit. It seems you were puking all over the place and acting like an idiot. You were also probably so dehydrated because of the heat.

I've spoken to you before about your drinking. Number 1...you're only 16. It's illegal. Number 2...I've seen this pattern in you that is not good. You're young. You can still beat this demon before you waste half your life on it like I did.

I will be talking to you tomorrow. In the meantime, sober up and start thinking about some changes in your life. You're a smart kid. Don't waste everything for a cheap thrill. I think you're beyond cheap thrills now. Addiction will creep up on you and bite you on the ass before you even know it.

Be well my friend. I'll always be here to encourage you and talk to you.

Your REAL friend,
Keith

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

If he or she listens at all, they are in good hands.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

There's a lot of fun letter writing going on lately. It's a good letter and it's to the point. It's hard, but at least you know that you are trying to help, and I'm sure he'll listen. Pray, pray, pray... it's all we can do, and I will be praying as well. (I'm already praying for Jesus Humberto 5 times a day, I might as well add your friend to it.) :)

2:54 PM  
Blogger Pinay said...

it's a blessing to have a real friend... i hope he listens...

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home