Sunday, August 19, 2007

An overflow crowd and REAL friends

This morning, the church I attend, Amadeo Vineyard Church, hosted Contemporary Christian Artist Jeremy Riddle. It was an awesome time and it was advertised well and we had an overflow crowd. On top of that, a lot of folks from our mother church Vineyard Community Church of Gilbert were there to see Jeremy Riddle. Jeremy Riddle writes a lot of the worship songs that you hear in churches around the country and it was an honor to have him in our service this morning. He was kind enough to go out to lunch with our entire youth group after the service before he caught his flight. How awesome is that?

The friend I spoke about in my previous post was there this morning also. I think this person found out who their real friends are today. At the conclusion of the service people can go up to the front to receive prayer for whatever they need prayer for. This person walked up to Patty and myself, and we began to pray for them. I looked up, and the entire youth group was around this person and each of them prayed for the person. I think this person knows who the real friends are now, and who is not.

We all make mistakes. You can beat yourself over the head about it, or you can take steps to correct the mistakes. I think this person is headed in the right direction.

Be MoVeD!

3 Comments:

Blogger Krista said...

Thanks for your support. I gotta get a sponser. I went to a meeting tonight and it helped. I know this is not going to be easy and will take a lot of determination, but I need to not drink, so, day by day, I guess.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Yes, I was blown away to see how much they were all supporting him. It's a good group.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm SO bummed that I missed this!! :(

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home