Tuesday, August 21, 2007

YESTERDAY TODAY AND TOMORROW…

I don't know who wrote this but I read it on a blog and it was stated that it is read at AA meetings in Toronto. I thought it was awesome and can be applied in everyday life too. So enjoy!

YESTERDAY TODAY AND TOMORROW…

There are two days in every week about which we should not worry, two days which should be kept free from fear and apprehension.

One of these days is Yesterday, with its mistakes and cares, its faults and blunders, its aches and pains. Yesterday has passed forever beyond our control.

All the money in the world cannot bring back Yesterday. We cannot undo a single act we performed; we cannot erase a single word we said. Yesterday is gone.

The other day we should not worry about is Tomorrow with its possible adversities, its burdens, its large promise and poor performance. Tomorrow is also beyond our immediate control.

Tomorrow’s sun will rise, either in splendor or behind a mask of clouds – but it will rise. Until it does, we have no stake in Tomorrow, for it is yet unborn.

This leaves only one day – Today – Any one can fight the battles of just one day. It is only when you and I add the burdens of those two awful eternities – Yesterday and Tomorrow that we break down.

It is not the experience of Today that drives us mad – it is remorse or bitterness for something which happened Yesterday and the dread of what Tomorrow may bring.

Let us, therefore, live but one day at a time.

5 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

I like that. It's very true, and it's important to emphasize and focus on Today.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Bryant said...

I love that dude! That's awesome!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

In regards to your comment...

I did notice the similarities between the two posts. It is the influence of Andrew Murray and when I was reading some of my favorite parts of his book...lol The word Today is very powerful. It is yesterday's tomorrow and that is why we have to focus on Today.

I think I will have that conversation with Adrian. It will be good. I hate seeing him cry, but it's good for him - and for me. I think the conversation would be good for both of us.

Knowing their names is hard.. but I try and I do my best. I think it's why I don't remember names at Amadeo. :( As for you... it very well could be due to your age...lol I think it's more due to the amount of times you've been down there. Jared knows almost all of them now, but he's been going down there for 8 months. It usually takes over 6 to learn them all.

That is so awesome that Patty put that up. I know it's going to be hard for her not to write Dulce anymore after Colene sent out that e-mail. Dulce definitely needs prayer and that letter was so cute and filled with so much love. It's so cute the bond that they have. It's also great to see how much Patty has changed from these kids and how much love she has for them.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

I always thought Scarlett O'Hara's comment -"I'll worry about it tomorrow" was pretty doggone good sage advice. Since tomorrow never comes, that is. Worrying about the future -sometimes - is unavoidable at times, especially when you're in a financial bind but generally, at least I've found, to try not to let it really get a big grip on me as worrying about the past or the future just creates more problems than solutions overall. Today is the day that counts!

8:24 PM  
Blogger Pinay said...

Very beautiful ang inspiring. thanks for sharing.

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home